Terms & Conditions
UFM100.3 Contest Terms and Conditions
- UFM100.3 contests (each a “Contest” and collectively the “Contests”) are organised by SPH Media Limited (the “Organiser”).
- Participation in a Contest is subject to (i) these Terms and Conditions; (ii) the Website Terms and Conditions; (iii) the Member Terms and Conditions; and (iv) any other specific terms and conditions that may apply to a Contest (the “Specific Terms and Conditions”) ((i) to (iv) shall be collectively referred to as the “T&Cs”). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between any of the foregoing terms and conditions, the following descending order of precedence will apply: (i) the Specific Terms and Conditions; (ii) these Terms and Conditions; (iii) the Member Terms and Conditions; and (iv) the Website Terms and Conditions.
- By participating in a Contest, each participant is deemed to unconditionally agree to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs, including all amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications thereto as may be made by the Organiser from time to time, which shall be final and binding in all respects on the participant. Amendments to the T&Cs will be posted at UFM100.3 website. Non-compliance with or breach of any of the T&Cs or any attempt to interfere with any Contest may disqualify you at any stage of the Contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- All UFM100.3 listeners residing in Singapore may take part in any Contest unless there are specific requirements indicated by the Organiser, advertisers or by law.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend any Contest without prior notice and without liability to any party.
- Winners of a Contest will be automatically disqualified if he/she or a member of his/her household has won in the same Contest not more than 30 days before his/her subsequent win.
- Subject to applicable laws, the Organiser reserves the right to record any call or conversation in respect of any Contest and such recording may, in the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion, be aired or broadcasted without the consent of the persons involved in such call or conversation.
- Contests that involve an alcohol beverage/club/pub sponsor are open only to listeners 18 years or older.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for cash. Where applicable, no extension to the validity period of any prize shall be allowed. Participants of a Contest are solely responsible, and the Organiser accepts no responsibility, for any tax or other liability that may arise from prize winnings.
- The winners of a Contest will be notified via phone call, SMS or email. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond within 7 days of the first notification, the winner will be disqualified and another winner may be selected by the Organiser in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, to: (i) substitute, withdraw, cancel, add to or alter any prize offered without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefor and without any payment or compensation whatsoever; and (ii) revoke any winner’s entitlement to any prize if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements or has breached any of the T&Cs, notwithstanding that an announcement or notification may have been made indicating that person as the winner.
- The Organiser’s decisions in relation to all aspects of and matters relating to any Contest are final and binding on all participants. No enquiries, appeals or correspondence, whether verbal or written, shall be entertained. The participants shall unconditionally accept and abide by any and all decisions made by the Organiser concerning, without limitation, interpretation and application of the T&Cs, any other rules, procedures and regulations of the Contest, the award of prizes and any other matters relating to the Contest.
- Each participant shall bear his/her own costs and expenses incurred in relation to or arising from his/her participation or involvement in any Contest. The Organiser shall not be liable for any such costs or expenses whatsoever and no reimbursement may be sought from the Organiser.
- By participating in any Contest, each participant agrees and consents that:
- any and all information or personal data submitted for the purposes of the Contest may be collected, used or processed by, or disclosed to, the Organiser, its related corporations (the “SPH Media Group”) and the respective business associates/partners of the Organiser and the SPH Media Group (collectively, the “Entities”) for various purposes, including to communicate with the participant for purposes related to the Contest, to provide goods and services to the participant upon request, to send the participant marketing information on products and services offered by the Organiser or the SPH Media Group, and for such other purposes that the Organiser or the SPH Media Group may reasonably deem appropriate or that the participant may have otherwise given his/her consent to the Organiser or the SPH Media Group;
- the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Organiser without further compensation, and to the maximum extent permissible under law, each participant hereby waives his/her moral rights in and to all Material in favour of the Organiser.
- By participating in any Contest, each participant represents and warrants that:
- he/she is at least 18 years old and has the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to the T&Cs and that he/she is (i) contracting in his/her own personal capacity; or (ii) contracting as a parent / guardian of a child / ward who is less than 18 years old in which event he/she agrees in both his/her personal capacity and on behalf of his/her child / ward, to be bound by the T&Cs, to be liable for his/her child’s / ward’s acts and omissions and to ensure that his/her child / ward complies with the T&Cs; and
- all information submitted by him/her is accurate and complete.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive loss), damage, personal injury or death howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with any Contest, the T&Cs (or any of the matters contemplated therein) or any prize, whether for breach of contract, tort or other cause of action, save for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- By participating in any Contest, the participants agree and undertake to, at all times, fully indemnify and hold the Organiser, the SPH Media Group and the sponsors for the Contest (if applicable) harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, actions, demands, injuries, claims, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, fines and penalties, howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Contest, acceptance or usage of any prize, and/or any breach or purported breach of the T&Cs and/or any applicable law.
- If any provision of the T&Cs is held by any competent court or authority to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the legality, validity and enforceability of all other provisions (and, if applicable, the remainder of the provision in question) shall not be affected.
- The T&Cs shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and parties agree to be bound by the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Version as at 27 January 2022